Monday, August 30, 2010

Casí September?????? Where did time go?

Hey Everyone!

Well.... Time certainly has flown. Elder Southern keeps saying I have 1 year under my belt (I only have 8 months) but really, in a blink of an eye I will be there. How scary...

We received some exciting news this week. We are officially a ward now, not a branch. We had a special sacrament meeting which was overwhelmingly powerful and awesome. It was great to see the members so excited and happy. Eight years ago they were meeting in a house by the railroad tracks and now have their own WARD building. It’s pretty sweet!

This week was pretty hard. Lots of our investigators are gone on vacation or are moving so we have to pretty much start over. But that’s alright, we will go where the Lord would have us go and do what he would have us do…

So more about Elder Southern. He’s from Indiana, has been on his mission for a year and 3 months, loves to play soccer, his Spanish is really good and is a great guy. We are excited to work together here in Villa Adelina. He’s taller than me, a first for a companion in the mission. ¿Que más?

It’s great to hear the progress of everybody and hopefully I will get some letters in a couple of weeks so that I can catch up on everybody else.  I still haven’t sent letters but I promise to send them next week. I don’t know what more to say. I hope everyone is great and being good and studying their scriptures. I don’t know how I went throughout the day before the mission without reading the scriptures... That’s something I want to keep for many many years to come, daily scripture study. Well, that’s it for me. Ta ta for now!

Con Muchísimo Amor,

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment