Monday, September 6, 2010

Soccer & Pizza... Fun P-Day

Elders Watson & Southern
Hey all!

This week was alright. We had splits so I was with Elder Cortés from Chile for a day. That was fun. Splits are always interesting.

Today, Hermano Cano, my first zone leader, came to visit us. He finished the mission and played Soccer with us at the Stake Center. No one had a ball so I bought one... for 56 pesos... so it was like 14 dollars. But it’s from Boca so it’s pretty cool.  The ball doesn’t look as nearly as good as it did new but what can you expect playing on concrete.  I took a lot of pictures with it BEFORE we played so I would have good memories! :D  Afterwards, we went to an all you can eat pizza place with our district. That was pretty fun.

The Patriarch for the Stake is in our ward (Its way cool to say that we are a ward) and we went to his house the other day. As we were talking he asked about Dad and what position he held. When I told him that he was a bishop, Patriarch Leotta told me that being a Bishop is one of the hardest callings of the Church. (He was called 3 times). But it is always interesting talking to him. He is like 80 years old and acts and looks like he is in his 60s or 70s.

I met an Elder Johnson (in our zone) who knows me from Baseball camp and BYU. Truthfully I didn’t recognize him at first but after thinking for a bit I did remember him. He knows Dave too. I think I have a really bad memory... Oh well.  I will get to talk to him more.  He just barely got to the field but he is way excited.

Well, that’s about all that happened. We are working hard to find people that we can teach. It’s hard work being a missionary. But it is so worth it. Every time I testify I can feel the Spirit testify to me. I know that as we, the members, work to bring the Gospel to our friends and family, that we be given the words to speak. (D&C 84:85)  This is the work of the Lord and when we work and try to take a part in it, we will be blessed abundantly with the Spirit.

I hope all is well and that everyone is being good. I am way excited that Josh is set apart. I will definitely write him. Hopefully sooner than later, but I will. Oh, speaking of letters... I forgot them in the apartment today so they will have to wait until next week to be sent. Sorry! Anyways, may the Lord be with you in all you do. Love you all.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment