Monday, September 20, 2010

Monkey in the Middle?


Buenas!

Wow... Esta semana voló! It really did fly. It felt like I was just writing you yesterday. I hope this doesn’t become a running theme in my life or this next year and a bit (I can’t even say year and half... :( ) is not going to last very long.

Let’s see what happened. We had zone conference this week which was really great. We really focused on asking heaven-inspired questions and having love for the people we teach. Something that requires a lot of patience (something I don’t have). We have been really trying to find someone to teach on a regular basis but things just keep on happening. Just gotta keep chugging... That’s what the Lord wants us to do; never give up in trying to what the Lord has asked. He will provide a way to help us complete with the work He has given us. Oh! I found a scripture I really liked in Alma 29:9-10. Really missionaries are on the Lord’s errand and seeing people change because of the influence of the Holy Ghost is one of the greatest joys I have had in the mission.

So with Zone Conference comes MAIL. And with my mail came a package from PARAGUAY! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I think I was the most excited to get a letter from David. I have been smiling for days on end. He sent me a plaque in Guarani and a Paraguayan tie. It was the best! :D I also got a couple other letters from Michelle, Joanna, Josh Jelaty, Jessica Jelaty and our cousin Crystal Yokom. It was a good haul. Lol. :D

We are working with some inactive families right now who have children who are not baptized but we are still searching for a family of investigators to teach. I know there are TONS of people prepared here in Villa Adelina, we just got to find them. And I won’t stop until I do!

We went to a park by the Rio de Plata today and hung out with our district. Those who had guitars played them, we played monkey in the middle with my soccer ball, Frisbee and just relaxed. It was a lot of fun. But the down part is that we had to find a way back that took longer than we would have liked so I don’t have too much time. I love you all and hope all is well. Be safe and stay good. Les quiero!

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment