Monday, January 3, 2011

Strawberry Cake is the Best!!

Elder Watson & Elder Ure
Hi All,

I have one word that describes this week. Wow.

So I am in Villa Lugano within the city of Buenos Aires. It’s like Glendale within Los Angeles… It’s on the western outskirts of the city. There is a highway called General Paz that circles the city of Buenos Aires or as people call it CapĂ­tal (ca-pee-tahl). On the other side of the highway where I am, is mission oeste (the West Mission). I am with Elder Ure who has two transfers more than I do. We are living with the Zone Leaders because our apartment has a bad gas leak (started about a month ago) so we have to travel a little bit until we can find an apartment in our area. It’s awesome living with the other Elders and hearing their advice and experiences. It’s awesome!

So this week has been really tiring. We found a couple of new investigators in a tower system as we were looking for less active members. That place is really confusing… We wandered around for a bit. At first they really didn’t want anything but after trying to explain our message in a different way, they let us come in. Before we started, we asked questions to get to know them and find what role religion has played in their lives. This helped Miguel, the uncle, relax and start to trust us. After a bit we shared the first lesson and Miguel accepted the commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was amazing to watch the change in his attitude from first contact to after the lesson. I was amazed and I learned to be a bit more persistent.

New Years passed without any conflict. We went to sleep at 10:30 like we should have and one of the other Elders came into our room at midnight and yelled Happy New Year and we didn’t even roll over. We have been dead every night trying to find our way around and find new people. I was kind of surprised. We ate my cake last night with a recent convert and his family due to our oven not working… :( So they sang happy birthday to me and we ate cake. They really, really liked it. That’s right. Strawberry cake is the best. Not German Chocolate. ;(

Well, we are gonna go play soccer! Elder Green from my district in the MTC is in my district now so I am way excited! :D I love you all and hope all is well. I am glad to hear Michelle is alright and hope everything goes well with recovery.

With lots of love from Argentina,

Elder Michael C. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment