Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!! The Weather Outside is Frightful... Wait - that is Christmas Music.

So we started off this morning in a very special way. Calling the American Missionaries in our zone and singing them the Star-Spangled Banner to start off the day. :D And then we listened to a WHOLE bunch of American music - America the Beautiful, Amazing Grace..... stuff like that! :D

You also know you are in the bottom of the world when there is snow and ice on July Fourth. That's right... It SNOWED! It snowed on Friday but it's all gone - but the ice is EVER present. For instance yesterday morning I completely biffed it. It reminded me of a time when I was walking with a couple of friends at BYU where I biffed it hard when I told them I would catch them and we fell down together...(Smart thing for a California boy to say.) But this time I just hit the ground hard by myself. But it was all cool. More cold. But yea. Anyways, let's just say that's what the weather is like. COLD! I am kinda tempted to put my tongue to a metal pole to see what would happen. And then again.... that's probably not too smart.

So this week went by really fast. But it was really good. I had a really good self-analysis this week and with the help of Elder Simper I totally was able to make some decisions to better myself. We also had a leadership counsel where all the zone leaders get together to discuss what's going on in the mission and how we can get better. We are in the south so we get to participate via Skype. It was pretty neat. We have another one on Tuesday and Wednesday so that'll be fun too. We have a couple of investigators that are progressing and they have baptismal dates for the 16th. We are pretty excited to be working right now. We've got a whole bunch of good stuff going on. We talked to President this morning and that was VERY enlightening. It was amazing. He shared with us an experience he had recently when he was meditating on the Atonement and the importance of going to Church. Basically, making things short - The mathematical process of The Gospel of Jesus Christ is Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ which leads to Repentance which leads to Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins by those who hold the authority of God (Priesthood - Article of Faith 5) thereof which leads to the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying of hands by those who hold the Priesthood. After all that we keep doing the process (equation) until we die. That's the letter of the law. Now here comes the Spirit of the Law. What is Our Father's purpose for us - "To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" Moses 1:39. We gain the ETERNAL LIFE by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. We become as the Father is by leaving the evil and cleaving unto everything that is righteous. Basically if it does not coincide with the Father, we should leave it. Now. But how can we become like the Father - again, another process. We desire to change, so we are baptized, leaving the old person behind and starting over again. We go to church to unite the family, and to further the changing process. We are literally trying to leave the natural man behind. All of him - desires, flaws, mortality. Mortality is already taken care of by the Atonement. Our desires and flaws are part of our decision to change. We decide to repent. We decide to go to Church. We choose our environment (our friends, homes, work... basically everything.) Is what we have inviting us to come unto Christ? If it doesn't, should we have it? Does it invite us to become better people? I know it's a hard decision to make - we have grown to love many things that are good. But we must think about better and then BEST. How would we feel if Jesus Christ should come into our home? Would he be comfortable? Would everything inside be appropriate for a perfect being to behold? There might be a lot of sacrifice involved - but I declare unto you that it is worth it. It is worth every bit - why? Eternal Life and Eternal Progression are things that are not worth giving up. Having the eternal guilt that things COULD have been better? Not for me. The mission has changed a lot of my points of view - but I have one goal- to become as close unto Christ as I possible can. I won't be perfect - but I can try to be. You may ask, what's the point if you cannot do it in this life? My point is that you reap what you sow. You spend your whole life sowing, you will spend eternity reaping the benefits. Is that worth 100 years of hard work? You Betcha. We are in the world but we are not of the world.

So yea. I've been realizing a lot of great things and I hope I am helping your testimonies to grow and flourish. I know I am not perfect and I do not know a lot - but I do know this - Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He died for me. All He asked me to do is to take my cross and follow Him - be obedient, follow His example, do my best and let every thought glorify the Father. Easy, right? If it was easy, it wouldn't be of God. The things he requires are simple, but yet so difficult. May we always choose to do what is right (CTR). To judge the right from the wrong is as plain as day from night. Now choosing to act upon what is right is the test.

I love you all. I really do. I know I come down hard every email. I am sorry if I offend anyone. If you feel hurt or angry, I apologize. But I also ask and even invite you to do something if you feel so. What is it that makes you hurt? Is it in accordance with the Savior and His teachings? I make mistakes of which I am fully aware. But my belief and resolve is this - that we leave the natural man and become like a child - submissive, meek, humble, willing to submit to all things. Leaving is a process. You have to unlock the door, turn the handle, pull open the door, step through and close the door. (Locking it is a GREAT idea) But as we are leaving the bad and cleaving unto the good, please don't look back. And ripping off the Band-Aid is much better than slowly tugging. Just keep your sight forward to the goal - Eternal Life with our Family and loved ones, our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ and our Beloved Heaven Father. May we do this, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

_ _
Elder Michael C. Watson
MisiĆ³n Argentina Buenos Aires Norte
La Mejor en el Mundo y Lo sabes!

No comments:

Post a Comment