Monday, July 11, 2011

Learning and Teaching

Hey all!

A boring week is all right - it's good that you are healing Mom and it's good to keep Dad busy.

This week went by fine - we had lots of training meetings and lots of things to do so we were plenty busy. Being a zone leader sometimes feels like I am not a missionary - just running around and doing a LOT of errands. But hey, it's part of my responsibility now.

Yesterday was a good experience. Basically, President called early while we were sleeping so that we could get on our knees and pray for the Lord to bless the members and investigators to come to church and so that we could receive revelation on what we could do to help them get to church. After the prayer we called investigators and some members, etc. to no avail. Anyways, we gathered a report for the Zone and related it back to President. President then told us some success stories as well as his point of view on the activity - that it was a demonstration of who had oil in their lamps and who didn't. I learned that I need to be doing the small stuff daily to have the wondrous results that my Heavenly Father has planned for His children. By way of me, He can bless the lives of those who live in Seis de Abril. Now it's up to me to live up to His expectations and llevar a cabo (bring to pass) His desires for the people here. This works for everything - we need to be doing to little stuff every day so that the Lord can bless us - both in the small everyday matters and with miracles.

Elder Simper received a score of talks from his parents last week. (MAIL CAME! Thanks for all the stuff! :D) We've been listening to Michael Wilcox and he is awesome! We've listened to  - "The Fourth Watch" and "Walking on Water." Both of them are pretty sweet. I would definitely recommend listening to them - they certainly helped me out.

I've been learning more and more about becoming a missionary of action and of faith. It's been a real wake up call but it's helping me a ton. It's kind of hard for me to make decisions, but I am definitely learning (slowly but surely) of how to live the commandments rather than just follow them. It requires a LOT of action - more than I am used to but it's helping me to grow up.

Like I mentioned, I've been listening to Michael Wilcox - and he brought up a point I had never thought about. I thought that our Father might be slow to forgive or that it requires a ton of work to receive forgiveness. While it requires a lot of work, he will forgive us immediately - just like Christ taught we should forgive someone seven times a day if they are truly repentant, Heavenly Father will forgive us seven times in a day because He would not command us to do something if He does not do or had done it. Now it's not an excuse to sin - it's more of how merciful He is and His desire to help us grow. I've always been hard on the justice side of things - living the law and being perfect. While those are commandments, realizing the merciful side of our Father, it has helped me to come closer to Him. The only reason to fear His presence is if we are wicked and unrepentant. If we are striving to live the gospel, repenting as necessary, and really give all of our efforts - there is no need to fear. Just like D&C 45:3 states (I think) that Christ is our advocate and He will help us to overcome what we could not. We are not perfect - but we can be through the merits and blood of the Lamb.  I started to read 2 Nephi 9 today and thought a lot about the Atonement and apply it to one of our investigator who is waiting for a sign to be baptized. In my studies for him, I found many things that helped me - how about that -> studying for my investigators actually helps me; a fulfillment of a promise President Gulbrandsen gave to us.

I am really learning so much out here - sometimes I feel like my head will explode with so much information. But I enjoy learning. :D I hope you are well and aren't hurting a lot. I love you a lot!

Love,

Elder Michael C. Watson
MisiĆ³n Argentina Buenos Aires Norte
La Mejor en el Mundo y Lo sabes!

No comments:

Post a Comment