Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy May Day!


The Vera Family
Dear Mom and Dad,

The other elders are always asking me how my family is and all I every say is that "they are still boring as ever"... We were really boring before the mission... weren't we? Anyways... I wonder if the other Elders will learn to stop asking me - hahaha. I am just a boring person with a boring life. What else is new?

The big news is I STAYED! I am just too excited about that!  The small news is that I don’t know if I will need to buy a new coat or not.  I am slowly learning how to “abrigarme” or to dress for the cold and I don’t seem to be getting as cold – but then again, this week hasn’t been as cold.  I don’t want to get another coat if the one I have will work.  I don’t know.

Elder Berríos has a web cam and so we are going to SKYPE! Yea baby! I just hope it'll work for David - if not... Well, I won't get to talk to him until after the mission. Bummer! I am usually nervous that I will give you the wrong number - but now through Skype I will be much less worried! :D

Wow! An interview. I got to hold a baptismal interview once! Usually district leaders and zone leaders handle them, but as our zone leaders are the district leaders, they needed someone else to interview their candidates - it ended up being me. A very spiritual experience! That was cool. :D

I ended up bearing my testimony as well yesterday. Usually I try to let the people bear the testimonies because I get to bear mine every day, but I felt I had to get up. What did I talk about? Thankfulness for my mother and father and the support the members give us. So I devoted some time for my mommy - :D  It was really good meeting. :D

We met a guy who is going blind but came to church this Sunday. He is really awesome and has received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true! :D The hard part is getting him, his mom, and nephew to church. They live out in San Benito (we were spend most of our time) and don't have a car to get to the chapel. They do have a friend that takes them where they need to go though. We are going to see if we can get some members to help them or if not, we'll baptize his friend too!
  
This week passed by really fast. I am sure this one will too. We've got a lot of work to do, so that is good news. I am trying to send letters but the line is always a million miles long and I don't have that kind of time. So they'll get out... eventually!

Well, I love you and we'll be talking more this Sunday. Be good!

Love,

Elder Watson #2

No comments:

Post a Comment