Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Dear Family,

What a week! It went by way too fast.  At the beginning of the week we were projecting to have 19 investigators at church. We have been truly blessed by the Lord with many people who have open hearts and minds to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. By Saturday we were expecting 13 to 16. We were really excited! We had arranged with members to take our investigators to church and our investigators found out this week that some of their friends or conocidos.... (how do you say people you know? It starts with co....) are members of the church and were excited to come to church. We ended up with 6, our family and a couple that have come to church for a year working on a divorce issue so that they can get married. Does that mean we are discouraged? Not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know the potential our investigators have and now we can focus on them coming to Church without worrying about a holiday weekend. So next week we'll have a ton! :D There were 5 people who couldn't come due to sickness/health problems (only two people but their families were affected), 3-4 probably couldn't find a ride, another 4-5 had family visiting and couldn't make it. So if you add all that up and plus a few of their family members that weren't here this weekend - you've got more than 20 investigators that would have been to church. Right now I quote Ammon and do not glory in myself but in the Lord and the miracles and changes He is working within the people. Sure we are working our butts off to get everyone to church. But left to our own power, we are nothing. Our only success comes from the Lord and our efforts combined. (Part of the faith I was explaining a couple weeks ago.) And we are only seeing the beginning of the work here in Seis de Abril. We are really excited! :D

I got to see Priesthood session! :D :D :D My zone leaders are studs and got permission to go early in the morning during studies to watch the session by internet on a church computer. So our district was together watching Priesthood. Que tal! :D I missed the first half because I had to go look for my DNI (my Argentine ID to be a witness in Matias and Cintia's wedding) and other things to help them get a date in the register office for their marriage. In Argentina, it has to be done in the office or in another place with a representative from the Government... Branch Presidents and Bishops do not have the power to marry. So they took out a date and are getting married on the 13th of May! That means they are going to be baptized the 14th and confirmed the 15th! Too cool! We also have a ton of people who can get baptized in the following weeks - like 18.... Too cool, right? Now I better not get transferred... so yea. Priesthood was cool. And in this session of conference they talked way too much about marriage. I don't need that as a missionary. It only distracts me from the Lord's work. But all is good now and full steam ahead! This branch is going to explode! We already have 70 people coming to church on a weekly basis and with all these new converts we might be able to open a branch that closed a couple years ago. Can you say excited? :D I want a car to get around... It would be so much easier... Because half of our investigators are in and area like Piru while we are about as far away as Fillmore.  There is only one bus that goes to San Benito (about as far as Piru) and doesn't travel on Sundays. A bit of a problem for those who don't have a car but it's all right, there are only a couple of investigators that we have to find a ride for right now. For us to get a car would mean a lot of paper work and licensing for us and future missionaries and I would have to go to Buenos Aires to get a license and everything, so yea. Not gonna work. Besides... I had nightmare last night that I went back to Buenos Aires. Rio Gallegos is just way too cool to EVER leave. LIKE EVER! I am definitely coming back to visit the members whom I have taught here. :D

Well, that's about all I can think of. It's starting to get cold. If I don't get transferred, I will probably have to buy a thicker or better jacket. The black one I have isn't going to cut it. We had a REALLY nice summer so this winter is going to be very HARSH! The meteorologists (what people have told us) are expecting a winter like '95 or over 6 feet of snow at times. Sounds fun! I just don't want to be cold. :/ Living at BYU is nothing compared to cold we are feeling now. Sometimes it gets below 32 during the day/night, but the wind is arctic cold... Like really. It comes from Antarctica or from the Cordilleras mountains where its snowing right now. So it's gonna get really cold soon. I just hope it snows... because the only good thing about cold is the snow. Without snow.... it's just not worth it. (Wait until it snows and we'll see what I say! Hahaha)

This Sunday is transfers but nothing will happen here. E' Berrios and I are going to continue together baptizing THOUSANDS! :D Love you all. Be good. Enjoy spring! I miss it! Haha. See ya later,

Love,

Elder Watson #2

No comments:

Post a Comment