Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference was GREAT!

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty boring... EXCEPT for the action packed weekend!

This week was filled with trying to find people. For some reason nobody was at home when we passed by.... Oh well. I guess it happens. But we have been working with 2-3 people to be baptized this weekend.

We have one man, Miguel Angel who is a son of convert members. Over the past two weeks we have seen great changes in him. He is looking a lot happier and has been reading the Book of Mormon. He has been making some good changes and he’s feeling better about being baptized this weekend. He is an awesome guy and I can’t wait to send a photo of his baptism! :D

We are working with a couple whose children were baptized but they weren’t. The father has been reading and even came to a session of General Conference in spite of having problems at work. He is really awesome and really desires to be baptized. We are really excited when we teach him. His wife is really nice and we are working so that she can be baptized this weekend too.

So. That one church meeting that happens every 6 months that those one people talk in.... Oh yeah.... GENERAL CONFERENCE! How amazing was it? I loved it! I felt like every talk was directed at me. After each session I could do nothing but smile. It was absolutely amazing. My favorite talk was Elder D. Todd Christofferson and The Chastisement of God. That really touched me and now I have some definite changing to do... But I am looking forward to it! :D And! I was with Elder Simper again to watch it! The last time, in Villa Adelina... We were stuck in a closet watching an itsy bitsy television. Now we had desks and comfortable seats with a normal television. We were excited.

Well. We are chugging along. We received a lot of guidance and counsel from the prophet and the apostles and the other leaders of the church. Now it is time to put it in practice! I challenge each one of us (yes, even me.... LOL) to pray and ask God how we can apply what we learned so that we become better people and servants of Him. Mosiah 2: 22-24 ---> What can we do to show our love for God? John 14:15, 22, 24. We will always be in debt to God and He will help us reach our Divine Potential if we listen to Him, obey his commandments and harken unto his servants the prophets. Love you all! Be Good!

Love,

Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment