Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Yea!

Hi Everyone,

So this week went by.... guess! Too fast! Like it always does. Haha

Well. Update on Monica---- She's getting baptized on Saturday! But first she has to overcome her addiction to coffee... She's gone 18 hours without it! :D That's really good. I've never helped someone really drop something before so this is a really interesting experience. Let's just say it's not easy for someone to drop something. But she's doing well and is motivated to drop it. It's just not easy.

Nothing much has happened. A new family moved into the branch and already they have helped us quite a bit! :D OH. Big News. ITS COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like. Like. Yea. It's cold. It's summer and I am wearing almost all my clothes for winter. AH! It's cold!!!!!!!! And on top of it... It's windy. COLD wind. Like the Santa Ana's but all day long and almost every day. So yea. Fun. The members say the wind gets to 120 kilometers per hour at the strongest points in the season. So. That'll be fun. And interesting. I am really glad I have sleeping bag. I am going to be pulling it out soon.

So I heard there was a tsunami that hit cali from the Earthquake in Japan... I suppose it wouldn't be very big but that's what I heard. So. Oh yea! I got mail. And as usual the other missionaries hate me because I got so much. But I'll share with them so it's all good. I got a couple packages from you and a ton of letters. So that's good. Michelle told me her sister wanted to go to Japan for her Senior trip. I don't know if she still wants to go after what happened. I saw glimpses from the news and almost every member we have talked to has told us about it. Pretty scary. Like the introduction in the Book of Mormon says that its purpose is to help everyone to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ as our Savior, Joseph Smith as a true prophet of God that received His Authority to act in His name and to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the kingdom of God on the Earth to prepare for the Second Coming of the Messiah. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and those who read it, ponder its teachings and pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ and ask him if the book is true will receive a witness from the Holy Ghost that it is. The Book of Mormon is sacred scripture that comes directly from God through the ancient American prophets and those who read it and abide by its teaching will draw closer unto Him and His Son more than any other book in existence. These are the last days and as Alma says in Alma 34 that the time to repent is NOW and do not leave it for later! Also in Alma 7:14-15 that today is the day to be baptized unto repentance. I like the phrase "Venid y no temáis, y desechad todo pecado" which would be come and do not fear and leave all sin. The invitation is to come unto Christ and His teachings. Even if we have been baptized we still need to come unto Him. We are far from perfect and it requires all our efforts to follow Him. I promise as you read the Book of Mormon, liken (1 Nephi 19:23) and apply it to YOUR personal life, you WILL see profound changes - from how you keep the commandments to the very relationship within the members of your family. This book is a book of miracles and will help you to realize some in your personal life. God loves you and wants you to come unto Him and has provided the way for you to do it - The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. When we are humble and submit ourselves to the will of God, anything can happen and we will feel the Spirit in our lives. No Temáis! Do not be fearful, but full of faith! :D It may be hard, but it IS worth it! :D

So. Yea. That's about it. We made 20 liters of juice from tang packets in a 20 liter bottle of water. Fun Stuff. Love you all!

See ya!

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment