Monday, February 7, 2011

I Took an Airplane Ride Today...

Argentina From The Sky

Hello Family,

Surprise!!! I received a very exciting call yesterday! Not just any call, but a call to be transferred.  So why the plane? [He sent home pictures out the window of a plane] That’s because I am not in Buenos Aires anymore… I am in Tierra del Fuego!!!! I received a call to go to the SOUTH! Yea baby! I am in Rio Gallegos in an area called 6 de Abril. :D :D

Wow. This week went really well!  We had Miguel and Celiás baptism on Saturday. That went really well! It was really spiritual and just really, really good. Everything went by really smoothly and it was great! Miguel received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday too so that was exciting!

P-days have been changed for transfers and will always be on Mondays (except for special changes).  I am now senior companion with Elder Beck (who was companions with Elder Godfrey before... my companion from the MTC).  I spent most of the night packing and I couldn’t really sleep. A remis (a taxi kind of thing… you call them and they take you to the location) came by at 3:45 in the morning to take me to the airport. It was supposed to come at 4:15 but hey at least I had woken up a bit early to finish getting ready… And I am pretty sure I forgot at least one thing. Anyways, I got to the Airport at 5 a.m. and took a plane at 6:30 a.m. to Rio Gallegos. I got there at 9:30/10 and got together with my companion and other elders from our district. I then got to the house and started to unpack. Our schedule is different down here, it has been pushed an hour back… we get up at 7:30 a.m. and go to bed at 11:30 p.m.… That’ll be hard to get used to. Anyways, I am way excited to have been called to the South and it looks like Elder Beck and I are going to get along really well. We both have a vision to grow this branch (we are a district, not a stake.... at least until Elder Beck and I change that!) and are just super excited.

For now though, I am just way tired and can’t think of much more to say. I hope all is well at home: Love you all, be safe. Say hi to the missionaries for me and tell them great work! :D See ya!

Love,

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment