Monday, March 29, 2010

It's almost April!

(We sent the boys an email letting them know that I would be home on Monday because of it being a City holiday.  Mike took the opportunity to exchange some ideas and get a few things off his chest.  It was great being able to communicate in real time... makes a real difference!  I have combined some of the small conversations with his main email... it is funny the first thing he wanted to know was how to microwave a baked potato... I almost said, wash it, fork it and stick it in the microwave and push "Potato" but then I came to my senses and figured if it was that easy, he wouldn't be asking - LOL).

Buen Día!

If you are on, could you let me know how to microwave a baked potato? I will send a longer email shortly… Thanks!

I can´t wait for zone conference in 3 weeks! I get all my mail then so I hope I have a lot.  The only bad thing is I have to carry it a LONG way back to my apartment.  Like two buses and a long walk.  I am thinking of bringing my small suitcase to carry everything.  Last zone conference I had to carry a box of Book of Mormons and that wasn't any fun…Mom, I miss your "evil cackle"… It´s kind of funny… And those kids shouldn't be complaining about a lot of things.  I´m not going to write anything bad about here but at least they have clean water coming from the tap… It´s kind of annoying to have to purify your water all the time.  I didn't realize how many comforts we have in the States that we take for granted.  I am never going to be looking at our style of life the same way as before my mission.  It´s really startling how different lifestyles are here.  But I am getting used to it; it’s a good lifestyle, just different. 

Stores… We have a supermarket here where we buy groceries… Which reminds me… THEY DON´T HAVE PEANUT BUTTER! And if they do its really expensive… It makes me sad… Oh well.  There are a lot of little shops, like at a mall, all along the street.  There is a Wal-Mart in my district I think, but I can´t go because it’s really far away and we don´t have that much time on pday.  I bought another towel so I could have one while the other is being washed.  It was like a little over 4 us dollars.  Oh, which reminds me… I only packed flat sheets, not any fitted sheets… so in the next package you send, could you include one or two for me?   Right now it’s way too hot to use my sleeping bag… I will try to soon, but I was sweating like a pig last night… The place to get first aid supplies would be the supermarket.  I haven´t really entered the other shops… Just a watch shop and a towel shop.  There are also a lot of other stores like the liquor stores in Piru.  Well, not a lot, but a fair few. 

My companion is from Biablanca, a region 10 hours southwest of here.  It´s like from home to Provo.  Kind of weird it’s so close.  He is the first in his family to go on a mission.  He is excellent and already has helped me a ton! From what we know, he is the youngest trainer (being out only a year).  I like him a lot and am working hard to try to learn Spanish so I can communicate better and help him with his English.  Right now, I think he knows best how to argue in English.  It’s actually quite funny.  We were joking around yesterday and I was talking to him in Spanish and he to me in English.  We had a good time. 

PLUMS! I bought some plums.  They were pretty good.  But they were kind of expensive so those will only be sparingly.  The oranges here aren´t very good, or maybe I am just spoiled from the ranch and in Piru.  But yea, those will be the first fruit I will have when I get back. 

We can learn a lot from Joseph.  I certainly need to.  I don´t have much time to read from the Old Testament, but I am certainly learning a lot from the Book of Mormon and Isaiah.  There are so many applications from Isaiah.  It is so COOL!!!! :D Preach My Gospel is amazing as well.  I am kind of sad I am not in the MTC anymore because I don´t have as much time to study.  But I am certainly enjoying being out here. 

We have an investigator that we are hoping will be baptized next month… She said at the end of the lesson if God answers her prayers she will do what He says.  Also, she asked us to pray for her to know the truth.  How amazing is that! We were sooooooooo excited as we left that appointment.  We are doing well, we just need to find more people to teach.  It´s kind of hard but I hope we can find more soon! :)

Anyways, I am doing well.  One of the Elders in my apartment had his birthday yesterday so we had some Torta (Cake).  He made it himself so it was nice and sweet and American.  It was good and I can´t wait to have some more! Lol. 

I haven´t used most of the money I withdrew, only 4 dollars (17 pesos) on that towel and some on mailing letters.  Not much.  I still have about 160 pesos left.  I think I took out 200.  I am looking for a jersey to buy.  I don’t know whether to get a Boca jersey or not.  It’s like rooting for the Yankees… Lol.  I think I am going to get one that has the best colors.  I don’t know.  We´ll see.  I am also looking for some Argentine stuff to bring home.  I will let you know as I spend it. 

I can´t wait to hear back from you guys! I love you and hope all is well!

Con MUCHISIMO Amor,

Elder Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment