Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Transfer Week - My New Area is Tortuguitas

Hey all!

Well it’s a new month. And a new month brings new changes right? Well, the transfer ended with a big change. I knew it was coming but I didn’t want it to come. I have left Villa Adelina and now I am in the area of Tortuguitas (Tor-tu-gi-tas is how you pronounce it) in the partido (county) of Pilar. I am excited but really nervous, this is my first change to a new area. I loved Villa Adelina but it was time for me to go. Seven months in one place is a looooooooooong time, but it’s all good.

Transferring is an interesting experience. We get called Monday night at 9:30 - 10 (usually 10:20) with news if we have to go somewhere or stay. And then, when you get the call your head spins. You can’t sleep so you start packing your bags. As you are packing you start to think where you had gotten all this stuff. It’s hard to think late at night when you can’t sleep. I thought I didn’t really get anything new but my baggage lets me know otherwise. (PESADISIMO! Really Heavy!) And then it’s walking in circles, waiting. We all gather at the mission office (unless you’re in the south, then you go to your new area all by yourself) at 11:30. Here we see old companions and friends and we get to talk for a bit. After a while, you find your new companion, talk for a bit and then leave. Usually we go to our area in a remis (think taxi but a normal guy with a normal car driving you to a destination). This time, however, we had a member drive us from the office to our apartment which is on the third floor up a narrow staircase right next to an auto mechanic. Apartments in Argentina are put into any place they can fit.

So nothing really great happened this week. We just worked hard to find and get people to General Conference. Fabian, an investigator went and had a great experience. He is moving to Orem in a couple weeks for work and will be in Utah for a couple months. I hope that he keeps on going to church and the missionaries there baptize him.

My new companion is Elder Cranford and is from Montana. He is really cool. This transfer is gonna be great. Well, gotta go. More stuff later. Love you all! Catch you later!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment