Tuesday, October 12, 2010

General Conference, Zone Conference, The Zoo!

Hey Everyone,

Today for P-Day we went to Temaikén which is a zoo! It was a lot of fun. We were supposed to go with our district but they didn’t show up for some reason... We saw other Elders from the Zone though!  There is a picture of me under the zoo sign… can you see me?

I am going to send home a bunch of pictures today… a few are of my shoes so you can see how they are doing 9 months into my mission.  I know they are dirty but the streets here are just dirt so as soon as I step outside, they are all dirty again.  The shoes I wore mostly in Villa Adelina are now my Sunday shoes here.  That’s just life outside of Capítal… The ¨Provincía¨ is not in really good shape. I was lucky in Villa Adelina. What splits the two is a big highway called General Paz that is a circle around Capital. People call this ¨Capítal¨ and outside of this circle is Provincía.

I am not having any problems with my weight so far.  I can gain weight or lose weight really easy. I just have to eat a bunch of junk food or abstain from it. It’s kinda funny. I think I have gained 10 pounds and then lost it like 4 times already. I think I need to watch my weight during the summer though; it’s going to be blazing.

I hope my package got delivered (the status shows an attempted delivery on Oct. 6th to the mission office).  I really don’t know when I will get my mail this month.  This week has been absolutely crazy. Good but crazy. I am going to start first with the most recent.

Yesterday we had a special conference with our Area President, Elder Arnold. Let me just say that it was absolutely amazing! Honestly, I was scared because I had heard that when Elder Aidukaitis came to the mission (right before I got here) that he really laid into the missionaries. But really President Arnold lifted and lifted us up. Even though we haven’t been doing things in the best way, he encouraged us to start anew every day, leaving behind what we have done (good or bad) and sleeping well, as long as we have worked our hardest. There are lots of things that we have to change but they are all great things. I am really excited to apply them to the work and my life (because almost everything I learn on the mission applies to me for the rest of my life).

The Zone Conference was really strict. We had to show up an hour early and be studying quietly and we couldn’t talk with any friends. Right after conference we got to hug President Arnold and shake his hand, along with his wife’s hand (as well as President Gulbrandsen and la Hermana Gulbrandsen) and then go straight to our areas. (I got to go to Villa Adelina because that’s the only way that I knew how to get to the conference and it wasn’t very expensive... I was WAY excited even if I was only in the train station... LOL) President Arnold told Elder Cranford about when he and his companion had competitions to see who could get in the most doors and whoever did had to buy the other one a soda. Really, President Arnold is awesome. He was so happy and he talked about obedience the whole time. When he bore his testimony about Joseph Smith it was amazing. I was translating for an Elder in my district because President Arnold was switching from English to Spanish. Just WOW! It was sweet.  He spoke in General Conference about honoring our name and the name of Christ. It was absolutely fantastic! :D

Elder Green, in the picture you saw posted, was in my District in the MTC and is a friend on Facebook. There should also be pictures of the zone conference going up soon! All three zones took a picture with Elder Arnold and his wife. I am on the stage on the right hand side. 

General Conference was amazing. It has been a week and a half of intense Spiritual experiences. The talk I really remember is from President Monson about gratitude. (It probably doesn’t help my memory that I watched it all in Spanish... I understood most of it! I won’t be able to listen to General Conference in Spanish very much after the mission so I took advantage of it... I took some good notes! LOL).

I want to thank EVERYBODY for all the help they are giving or have given to me. Everything you all do lifts me up. Thank you thank you thank you.

Bueno, I have to go.  The train leaves in 5 minutes. LOVE YOU ALL!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment