Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day

Hola a todos!!!

¿Como estan? Todo esta bien acá en Argentina! :D Being a missionary is so awesome! I am learning so much from my studies, from my companion, and from the people!

I would like to bear my testimony that I know this Church is true. I know it to be true through the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is evidence that God does talk to His Children today. Our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in the year 1820. By the power of God, Joseph Smith was able to translate the Book of Mormon. Por medio de el Libro de Mormón, (Through the Book of Mormon) I know that families can be together forever, that the same Church that Jesus Christ established when he was on the Earth is now restored on the Earth as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and that we have a living prophet on the Earth that has been called by God to help us keep the commandments and avoid sin. You can know the same for yourselves. All you have to do is read a little bit of the Book of Mormon, kneel down and ask sincerely in prayer that if the Book of Mormon is true. I testify that you will feel the Holy Ghost as described in Galatians 4 (I think): peace, comfort, tranquility and happiness. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings peace and happiness into our lives. We can live together with our families after this life through the restored ordinances and by proper authority. I encourage everybody to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and to pray about the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon answers so many of the questions of our souls. As you read, I can promise that you will find answers to the questions you have, whether they are questions you think about or not. As you do this, you will feel the Holy Ghost and the feelings it will bring. Jesus Christ suffered for our sins and we can be forgiven of all our sins through repentance and baptism. This work is amazing and you can feel the joy, comfort and happiness I feel if you read the Book of Mormon, pray to our Heavenly Father and talk to the missionaries.

It is such a blessing to serve the Lord. I can see every day the blessings the Lord has for all of His children, including me. It is great to have access to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and be cleansed of the sin and the resulting guilt we feel. We can´t be perfect, but every day we can repent and progress a little bit more.

Thank you to all that have helped me to get to this point. I will be forever grateful for the many lessons I have learned. And again, I am way behind in my letter writing, so I will get back to all who have written to me as soon as possible. Love you all, and I pray that God will be with you until we meet again.

Love,

Elder Michael C. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment