Thursday, February 18, 2010

¿Cómo estáis? :D

Buenos Dias!

Well, this week has been really good. I have been learning loads! Last night we talked about the plan of salvation with my teacher and learned some pretty neat things. I want to make a copy of my notes and send it to y'all. Most of it is in Spanish, but it's pretty easy to figure out. The most important stuff is in English. We did talk about some great stuff. One of the most important things I learned was that as members and missionaries when people look at us, they should be able to look at us and see Christ. It's really hard to get to that point but with all of your heart and help from God, you can do it. My teacher was talking about how more people focus on becoming perfect in this life than learning and doing the will of God, making our eyes single to the glory and will of God.

D&C 45:3-5 [Doctrine & Covenants] is a really good scripture of learning what the Judgment will be like. We need to focus on living the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Having faith in Christ, repenting, being baptized by one holding authority of God, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. We repeat this process daily as we try to become perfect through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and be like Him. We trusted Him before this life, we need to trust Him during this life, and we will need to trust him after this life. Like it says in the scriptures, we must rely on the arm of the Lord rather than the arm of flesh. Only through Christ can we be saved and be able to dwell in the presence of God with our Families for all of eternity.

As we practice contacts here, I like to say, "Mediante la Expiación de Jesucristo, podemos ser juntos con nuestros familias para siempre." [Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be together with our families forever.] The Atonement of Jesus Christ is central, and has been, to God's plan. The only way we can have access to it is through obedience to the commandments of God, faith in our Savior Jesus Christ, and Enduring to the End. We must always strive to keep the commandments of God with exactness. I know it’s hard and that we make mistakes all along the way. But little by little we can achieve this perfection by becoming like Christ. He can and will show us the way to do it, if we are willing to listen and obey what he tells us. I have a sure testimony of that. When I am righteous and am striving to be exactly obedient, I have so much more help in my life from the Spirit and from Jesus Christ.

I don't remember which Apostle or General authority told this story, but Jesus Christ will walk with us always. In the story, Christ and a man were walking along a sea shore. As the man looked back he saw the two different trails in the sand. After going through a very difficult time, he looked back and only saw one set of footprints. He turned to the Lord and asked him where he was during the time he needed him. The Lord meekly replied that He had carried the man through that difficult time. I know that the Lord loves us enough that He is willing to do that for each of us. As we put our trust in him, we can look back and see how the Lord has carried us through difficult times and when He has walked beside us.

I am so grateful to be here at the MTC. I am learning so much! I wish I could have time to study like this for the rest of my life. I wish I had learned in my heart the true joy that comes from studying the scriptures. I love you all very much and hope my e-mails strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ and His gospel. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel by having faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement through repentance, baptism by one holding the priesthood and authority from God, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I find complete joy when others choose to walk in His footsteps and try to become better men and women through Christ. I love you all and hope everything is well with everyone!

Always,

Elder Michael C. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment