Thursday, February 11, 2010

Buenos Dias!

(We received two separate emails from Mike today, so I edited the two together)

Buenos Dias,

Alright, so this week gone by so fast! And a lot has happened. So let me get to it.

So Tuesday was another hectic day. I am no longer companions with Elder Gillette. I have actually switched rooms and I now have two companions, Elder Dewitt and Elder Godfrey. The reason for the switch is that their companion, Elder Amasio, and Elder Gillette are the new Zone Leaders. Pretty crazy. I am the District Leader. Which means I still have the privilege of checking mail, but I have a lot more responsibilities now.

So on Friday we went to the Referral Center. We make outbound/confirmation calls to make sure people receive the movies and Bibles/Book of Mormons. Well, as you know, I am not one to talk on the phone. As I made the calls I got a lot of answering machines, people hanging up on me and wrong numbers. There was even a man who said he didn't want any stuff under his roof of ours and that he never ordered anything. I had no idea what to say and my mind froze and stuttered a good-bye. (This happened on both the wrong number and the man who didn't order anything.) A pretty bad first time. Since then I have gone back a couple times, but I really haven't had any opportunities to talk. I am trying though.

We had a Zone Conference on Saturday. It was so awesome!!! It was very spiritual and I learned a lot! I cannot wait to get in the field! :D

Thank you for the package! I am going to ENJOY it! :D

I have met Elder Banks here. I was only able to speak to him for a little bit, but I was able to nonetheless.

I am wearing a jacket now so you don't have to worry about me getting cold. I am tired of the cold. The snow has almost melted all away so I am wondering if they are going to go let us play some futbol! :D Yesterday I got an awesome spike in Volleyball. I was so happy! More so because it was my first, but hey, it was pretty! :D

So I was told today that David was put in Quarantine. I do not know what he has or why he was put there... I hope everything is alright. Anyways, I thought I should let you know. Don't get too freaked out. I don't think it’s really bad.

Thanks for the tie! Oh, and I don't know if I have told you about this, but Tie Trading is some serious stuff around here. I haven't done it because I am satisfied with my ties, pero people keep telling me to get some polyester ties because silk ones will curl up in humidity. I am not too worried. Anyways, now I hit my time limit. Thanks for everything!!!! :D

Well, I don't know what else to say. It feels like I repeat myself when I e-mail you because we do a lot of the same things. I hope all is well at home!!

LOVE,

Elder Michael C. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment